SVC with POLYMER v4.10 for OLCI-A

MohMograne
company / institution: LOG

SVC with POLYMER v4.10 for OLCI-A

Post by MohMograne »

Dear all,
I have question about the updated SVC of OLCI-A. Which water case (Case 1 or Case 2) has been used to compute the SVC gains ?
Regards,
Mohamed
fsteinmetz
Site Admin
company / institution: Hygeos

Re: SVC with POLYMER v4.10 for OLCI-A

Post by fsteinmetz »

Hi Mohamed,
Case 1 matchups over MOBY and BOUSSOLE have been used for OLCI Polymer SVC (and all Polymer SVC, actually).
Kind regards,
François
jcardoso
company / institution: National Institute for Space Research

Post by jcardoso »

Dear François,

I saw inside the Polymer folders one file called "params.py" and inside it are the "# OLCI vicarious calibration coefficients (in dev, bands 1 to 21)".

I would like to ask you some questions concerning the OLCI SVC:
1) This values are the SVC applied to OLCIA and OLCIB?
2) How Polymer does to not apply the same OLCIA SVC coefficients in the OLCIB files?
3) I am running the Polymer v4.11. Are some update related with the OLCI SVC in the v4.12 that I should change to the last version?

Thank you very much for the help,
Joao Santos.
fsteinmetz
Site Admin
company / institution: Hygeos

Post by fsteinmetz »

Dear Joao,

Indeed, the same SVC gains are applied to both OLCI instruments because specific gains for OLCI-B have not yet been generated.

However in v4.11, the gains were set to 1, as you can see on line 332 (self.calib=None). The variable `calib_OLCI_VC` on line 55 is not used actually.
In v4.12, the SVC gains are defined, but identically for OLCI-A and OLCI-B. So yes, I advise to use the latest version.

If you want to pass your own calibration coefficients, you can pass the option calib={400: 1.0, ...} (following the parameter self.calib defined in params.py) to the function run_atm_corr.

Kind regards,
François