Verification of POLYMER results

jared
company / institution: OBPG/NASA

Verification of POLYMER results

Post by jared »

Hello there,

I could use POLYMER to process MODIS data. Does anyone know how to verify POLYMER processed results? I mean are there any POLYMER processed results that I can use to verify my results. Thanks,

Jared
fsteinmetz
Site Admin
company / institution: Hygeos

Re: Verification of POLYMER results

Post by fsteinmetz »

Hi Jared,
We don't provide particular files for verification, but if you use all default options and if the processing finishes, I see no reason why results should deviate from the nominal results. Do you have any doubt with the run options ?
Cheers,
François
jared
company / institution: OBPG/NASA

Post by jared »

fsteinmetz wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 am
Hi Jared,
We don't provide particular files for verification, but if you use all default options and if the processing finishes, I see no reason why results should deviate from the nominal results. Do you have any doubt with the run options ?
Cheers,
François
Hi François,

Thank you very much for the reply. I tested POLYMER applied to MODIS. The results look pretty good. It seems there are not rhow retrievals over regions with sun glint. Is that because the saturation of MODIS red or NIR bands? Thanks.
Jared
fsteinmetz
Site Admin
company / institution: Hygeos

Post by fsteinmetz »

This is correct : some MODIS bands saturate over the sun glint, so no retrieval can be performed in the intense part of the sun glint.
Good to know that you could process images successfully.
Cheers,
François