Error installing SeaDAS on Ubuntu

Mengmeng
company / institution: Taishan University

Error installing SeaDAS on Ubuntu

Post by Mengmeng »

Hello!

I wanted to install SeaDAS on Ubuntu so that I can use Polymer to process MODIS L1C data. However, when I ran this code:
./install_ocssw.py –install-dir=<seadas-<version> install directory>/ocssw –git-branch=v<version> –local=/tmp –aqua –seawifs

from this website: https://seadas.gsfc.nasa.gov/tutorials/ ... _tutorial/, I got this error:
bash: seadas-: No such file or directory

I tried to replace <version> after seadas by 8.0.0 which is the version I installed, but I got the same error.

Does anyone can help? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Mengmeng.
fsteinmetz
Site Admin
company / institution: Hygeos

Re: Error installing SeaDAS on Ubuntu

Post by fsteinmetz »

Dear Mengmeng,
<seadas-<version> is not a valid command, it should refer to the actual version you are installing.
Also, I've had feedback that there can be issues with running OCSSW from the command line in SeaDAS 8.0.0. In that case you may want to try version 7.x, which works fine.
Cheers
François
Mengmeng

Post by Mengmeng »

Dear François,

Thank you very much for your reply! I tried to install seadas-7.5 on ubuntu, but I got warnings in the attached figure and the software did not open after installed. Do you know how to solve it?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Mengmeng.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mengmeng

Post by Mengmeng »

Dear François,

So far I have installed seadas7.5 successfully on ubuntu after installing a lower version of oracle-java (8).

Best regards,
Mengmeng.