Ancillary ERA-INTERIM data

blake
company / institution: University of Stirling

Ancillary ERA-INTERIM data

Post by blake »

I was doing a 1k S2 tiles over night run using the Level1_MSI, ancillary=Ancillary_ERA class and i got banned over night from the ecmwf api. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It was apparently due to 70% of the requests being negative the other 30% works fine and polymer worked just fine. I usually use the Ancillary_NASA class with no problems first time using the Ancillary_ERA class just wondering if i missed something.
fsteinmetz
Site Admin
company / institution: Hygeos

Re: Ancillary ERA-INTERIM data

Post by fsteinmetz »

Hi Blake,

I never experienced this. What error message do you get ?
Just in case, you may also want to try Ancillary_ERA5 which use a diffent API.
Kind regards,
François
blake
company / institution: University of Stirling

Re: Ancillary ERA-INTERIM data

Post by blake »

Hi François,

Thanks for the reply I get invalid credentials from polymer now because they emailed me to say that they had locked my account with ECMWF so any data that is held by ECMWF i would have to make a new account to access. Prior to that polymer was working fine it would submit a request then either get the response of data to download or it would get a response of no available data to download. I guess as i wasn’t monitoring it i ended up submitting too many requests that had no corresponding data. I have switched back to the NASA ancillary and that’s working fine but thanks for the suggestion hadn’t read the ERA5 yet to realise that was a different api so i will give that a go and try not to get banned :)